S/PHI/nX and SxAccelerate can be obtained as precompiled binaries or the source tree can be downloaded and compiled manually.
Binary packagesGemmantics provides and maintains binary packages of S/PHI/nX and SxAccelerate for various operating systems.
- Debian 6.0.5
- Fedora 15
- CentOS 6.3
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Fedora 17 - scheduled for 11/01/2012
- MacOS X
- Windows 7
Selected stand-alone add-ons
Download Sources and Build
Download the source distribution:
- the complete S/PHI/nX package
- OR only the S/PHI/nX Accelerate Framework,
If you have downloaded an older patchlevel, you may want to see the Release notes.
Complete S/PHI/nX package:
The entire S/PHI/nX package consisting of
- S/PHI/nX program and tools,
- atomic structure libraries
- density functional theory library,
- quantum mechnanical operators and function library,
- classical potentials library,
- the S/PHI/nX accelerate framework SxAccelerate.
Unpack the archivetar xvjf sphinx-2.0.4.tar.bz2
Download only the SxAccelerate Framework consisting of:
- the file system library,
- inter-process communication library,
- file i/o library,
- numerics framework, and
- the array, list, and string library.
S/PHI/nX depends on 3rd-party packages. These are not part of S/PHI/nX. To simplify compilation, however, we provide a tarball of free packages that should be sufficient to compile S/PHI/nX on a standard Linux machine (and maybe other operating systems). To use our compilation support for these packages, please unpack the tar archive in the sphinx/sxaccelerate/3rd-party/packages folder AFTER unpacking S/PHI/nX.mv sx-3rdparty-unix.tar sphinx/sxaccelerate/3rd-party/packages/ cd sphinx/sxaccelerate/3rd-party/packages tar xvf sx-3rdparty-unix.tar cd ../../../..
When done, please follow the build instructions.
Please note that we cannot help when the 3rd-party packages fail to compile on your system.
Building instructions can be found here.